Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Heaven on Elm Street

Elm Street Bakery
 One of my bests, KL, has been telling me for MONTHS now to check out Elm Street Bakery in East Aurora, NY. EA as it's called is just sllliightly beyond the 20-minute drive threshold from my family home in North Buffalo, so I knew I had to plan a full day out to go there. As luck would have it, during my Turkey Day break last week, I had a day date planned with K & A so off the the southtowns we went!

Our main goal was to check out the famous Vidler's 5-and-10, but of course we needed a snack following our chotchky shopping spree. We swung a left off Main St onto Elm and walked into mecca.
Look at the display counter...
...no way you can pass these by!


The smell of fresh baked goods hits you right away and your eyes are drawn to the delectable goodies displayed. Strategically, you must walk by the whole display before paying. At first, I planned on getting a single chocolate chip cookie to accompany my coffee, but ended up buying two more "for my mom & pop": a double-chocolate and a cowgirl. The cowgirl is an oatmeal cookie with cranberries and chocolate chips. How could I not? A chose a macaroon and tea while K went with the cowgirl as well.
Piece de resistance!
We settled onto the rustic wooden tables in front of the brick oven pizza and bar (more on that later) and tucked into our sweet treats. Honest to blog, it was the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever tasted!! Undoubtedly, I would drive out to EA just for that taste again. The drip coffee was just right as well. But truly, that cookie. I can taste it now as I write; perfectly soft verging on gooey with a crisp outer later and BIG semi-sweet chunks.
I'm coming back for you brick oven pizza & beer!

As for the bar and brick oven pizza, we were all a little bummed that we were not hungry enough for a full meal. The pizzas coming out looked amazing and on draft they had several tasty local breweries such as Community Beer Works, ECB and Flying Bison. We three agreed to plan another EA day in which we save room for cookies, pizza and a beer!

Elm Street Bakery
72 Elm Street
East Aurora, NY 10452
716-652-4720
http://www.elmstreetbakery.com/index.html

Happy as a clam!

1 comment:

  1. I walked by this place over the summer when I was home to visit. Now I definitely will go in when I'm in the B-lo next. Thought it looked familiar :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive