Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Warning: gluten alert!!!

Nothing like a fresh baked loaf of Rye bread
This post is all about bread. Bad-a** Buffalo-baked bread.

I apologize to any of the gluten-intolerant readers. You may have to stop now. My deepest of sympathies.

FOR ALL YOU OTHER wheat and bread fiends, continue on. For tonight I share with you a place that makes me oh-so-excited to be a foodie. And even more excited to be a Buffalonian foodie! Let me share with you Breadhive.

There has been tons of bread-filled buzz on this co-op/worker-owner boulangerie on the west side as of late, mostly due to their inventive hot Cheetos bagel that even made it on Buzzfeed! But I had also read bits about their teaming up with local breweries such as Resurgence and Big Ditch. If you follow me on the 'gram then you def have realized what a fan/regular I am at Resurgence so this is where these dough-bakers grabbed my attention. 

So I checked out their website and saw they deal mainly in wholesale. Bummer right? Fear not! Breadhive is available for retail through Saturday markets at Bidwell, their own take-out window on Baynes, and most importantly the CSA. For a little more than $20 you can get fresh baked bread goods every week! Color me stupidly interested. 

So yes. I signed up and today, Tuesday October 28, I picked up my first mixed bag. The best loaf and subsequently, slice of rye bread I have ever had. Light, airy and with enough carroway seeds and a hint of sourness. Noms. I almost ate the whole loaf in one sitting no lie. These girls know how to bake.
Sliced and dressed up to eat!
I absolutely cannot wait for my pickup next week. I totally recommend Breadhive and to purchase their CSA. You will not be disappointed.

Follow me on intsa for weekly posts on my new favorite business/bakery in the Buff!!
Gorgeous glutenous bread!!

Breadhive
123 Baynes Ave
Buffalo, NY 14213
(716) 980-5623

https://www.breadhive.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive