Tuesday, December 16, 2014

'Tis the Season.. For Christmas Markets!

I can safely say that the holiday season (aka the "silly season") is in full swing and I can not be more excited! I absolutely love all the festive food  and frolics that go with the season. Europeans really know how to do Christmas and luckily December necessitated me jaunting over to visit my Dublin-based better half. Once the trip was Kayaked and confirmed, my lovely beau surprised me with a trip to the Christmas market epicenter of the world: COLOGNE! This German town does not mess around. It has seven, yes SEVEN markets each unique and wonderfully distinctive.

The tree at the Cathedral Market
Walt Disney's attention to entertainment details does not hold a candle to this nation of Santa fans. The Germans know what's up with Christmas markets. Below I've shared a few snaps from Cologne. I hope these bring you holiday cheer and thanks for checking out my blog!

Casual chocolate stand

Why not have a pirate ship as a festive bar?

Smoking salmon!

Yep. That's an ice rink built into one of the markets

Dusk in Cologne
RACLETTE THE BEST FOOD INVENTION EVER

Potato Dumplings sauerkraut and sausage (obvi)

Oils and vinegars and spices oh my!

One of the Nativity scenes from the biblical-themed market

Busy at any time of the day

Fondue & Schnapps!


Fromage perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive