Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Simple Smoothie

Inspired by the likes of Lauren Conrad and G. Paltrow's Goop, I recently altered my Monday – Friday eating routine in an effort to detox ever so mildly during the work week. I was curious to see what my results would be by switching to smaller, more frequent meals and minimizing processed foods and dairy at the same time. Nearly three weeks on and honestly, I am feeling pretty good! My energy levels have definitely increased, despite me substituting green tea for coffee/black tea and decreasing my sugar (mainly chocolate!) intake. I also find I’ve enjoyed indulging in my cheeses, chocolate and coffee beverages more on the weekends, and my cravings have most definitely dropped off! I have also discovered the wonder that is coconut milk… OMG so delicious and refreshing!

Key ingredients
Everyone has different opinions about detoxes, and honestly I was very skeptic prior to taking on this endeavor as I thought I was a staunch three-square-meals, dairy and chocolate eating type of gal. I think ultimately if you see detoxing as a way to feel or be healthy and don’t abuse the theory, that should be the mindset. All that being said, I’m going to share with you my M-F smoothie I have been imbibing these last few weeks. Surprisingly, I have stayed fuller longer and find it tastier than my traditional yogurt & granola breakie!

Very Berry Smoothie

Serves 1
1 banana
2 scoops vanilla whey protein (I use Trader Joe’s)
¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
½ cup frozen mixed berries

Cut up banana and throw into blender. Add the whey, coconut milk and berries. Cover the blender, and turn on. Blend until desired smoothie consistency. Enjoy!!


The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive