Thursday, October 1, 2015

Dublin You Saucy Minx

If you follow my instagram (extra spirit points if you do), then you probably sussed out that I was in Dublin for about a week at the end of the summer. It's quite amusing now that I seem to be frequenting my second home on a semi-annual basis, seeing as one of the major reasons for moving back stateside was my frequent reverse trips back to the Queen City. I have to say I don't mind it one bit having excuses to fly back such as weddings, MT, holidays, etc. Really if money were no object I would probably spend at least one week per month in the Big Shmoke!

Going back every so often does allow me to "speed date" all the new fun foodie spots, also. Luckily my Dublin gang are all like-minded, or at least indulge me, in checking out new eateries and liquid establishments.

Where am I going with this diatribe? A round-up of my most recent Dublin delectable discoveries, that's where! So here we go.
Look at that juiciness.. and this it not even a good snap!
What: Bunsen with CMc & Nosh lunch sesh
Where: Temple Bar
We Ate: Burgers with cheese (that's their shtick) and shoestring fries
The Verdict: CMc and Nosh... and pretty much everyone else in the Dubs, have been clamoring on about the Bunsen burger. And for good reason. The all-Irish beef patty was juicy, tender with a nice savory aftertaste. I always order a burger with cheese for fear of the beef falling flat, but fear not at Bunsen. I totes get it now. And you should get to Bunsen for a 'ger ASAP. I haven't had a better better anywhere else. FACT.

"Healthy choice"
Baked beans and then some


Look at the joy in my face pouring HC!
What: Brother Hubbard fresh off the plane with MT (holding hands)
Where: Capel Street
We Ate: Home-baked Beans w/ Soft-fried Egg, Whipped Feta & Chorizo, Spelt Pancakes w/ Mixed Berry Compote, REAL Hot Chocolate
The Verdict: Even being ridiculously jet-lagged (legit right off el plane-o) this meal tasted da bomb. I had been planned (and drooling) to go to BH for months, nay YEARS and I finally did. He certainly did not disappoint. Rich tomato and chorizo flavors cut by silky whipped feta with lemon...oh lawd. MT gave an astounding twelve thumbs up for his pancakes, even though they were "healthy spelt". Oh and then the HOT CHOCOLATE. Individual pouring decadent chocolate pots to mix into separate warmed milk. Take me back NOW.





steamed..buns..oh yes

potstickers

Ceviche the way the gods intended
What: Soder+Ko with CMc & SM for ladies of leisure
Where: South Great Georges Street
We Ate: Scallop Ceviche, Pulled Pork Steamed Buns, Sweet Potato Fries, Chicken Potstickers
Verdict: Delicious cocktails set the tone early for the ladies. The ceviche was executed perfectly, tart and fresh. Pork steamed buns were a taste explosion and like nothing I've ever had before! Everyone has a first time with kimchi I suppose. The sweet potato fries got approval from all around with an even hint of truffle. Potstickers were the perfect mouthful... Great space, both in size and decor. Definitely check it out especially if you partook in late-night Dragon debauchery!

Gnocchi so fluffy it'd make you blush

Champs for a reason... or thirty

What: Last call at Manifesto
Where: Rathmines
We Ate: Award-winning Mammy Pizza, Gnocchi in Creamy Tomato Sauce
Verdict: Manifesto has been around for years and has consistently won awards, yet I had never visited until this trip. You feel like you're right in Italy with the ambiance and then you taste the pizza and you are in Italy. There's a lot of amazing Italian spots in Dublin (driven by a vast number of italiano ex-pats!) and therefore a lot of fantastic restaurants. Manifesto I would say is not just one of them, but one that leads the pack.

Oh Dublin, how my taste buds and soul miss you...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive