Sunday, October 12, 2014

I'm BAAAACCCK! And With a Recipe To Boot!

Well hello there! It's been more than a while since I last posted on Lauribeth Loves, but rest assured I am back and ready to share my love of foodie fun once again.

There have been several life changes these past few months here at Lauribeth Loves, the most notable being that I am back to being a resident of the great upstate and Buffalo, New York! I am ecstatic to be home in the Queen City close to family and old friends. Our town is going through a resurgence of sorts, and it definitely shows on the restaurant scene! It goes without saying that I am uber excited to share all the great new Buffalo hotshpots, and for all you NYC and abroad lovers, fear not, I will continue to share my insights for those locales as well.

So basically I have a TON of foodie adventures to detail over the coming posts from the months past. I'll get started with a new recipe first off, however. I recently purchased a vegetable "spiralizer" that claims to make almost any veg into a pasta-like shape. This has let to much experimentation and below is a meal I've done a few times now so I hope you enjoy!!
The finished product

Zucchini & Burrata "Pasta"
serves 1-2

2 zucchini or yellow squash, spiralized
2 garlic gloves, smashed or chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 container cherry or heirloom tomatoes, halved
1 lemon
1 ball fresh burrata
squeeze balsamic syrup
dash of mixed spices (I used Trader Joes 21 spice mix)
salt, pepper to taste
The zucc's and friends
In a large shallow pot or deeper frying pan, coat the spiralized squash/zucchini with lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle 1 clove garlic and seasoning of your choice and mix until all the vegetables have been touched. Leave aside.
Juice that lemon
Chop chop




















In a small frying pan, heat up the remaining olive oil and garlic and add the chopped tomatoes. Let heat for about 2 minutes then drizzle with the balsamic syrup and crush the tomatoes. Lower the heat to a simmer.
These toms must be in love cuz they're all MUSHY

Back to the zucchini/squash: Heat on a separate burner medium to high. You want the veg to get a little crispy. This should take about 5-10 minutes.
Oozy delicious burrata
Once you've reached the desired "pasta-like" state, scoop the tomato mixture over the vegetables and place the burrata in the middle. Feel free to break the mozzerella open to release the cream center if you want, or let the ball melt a bit. Once warmed, dish up. If sharing, split down the middle or enjoy the whole shebang yourself!

Your plate approx 2 minutes after serving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive