Sunday, October 19, 2014

Wake Cup Cafe - Back to the Dubs!

This summer I had the fortune of being back for a second time this year to Dublin. Not only do I love an excuse to visit my framily and old haunts, my better half also resides in the big shmoke. So until we're both on the same continent, we will be travelling back and forth between Buffalo and Dublin. Such a tough life!
All food prepared fresh daily with love!
Anywho, during my July sojourn, I happened upon new and old favorites. One of the new ones is Wake Cup  on Talbot St. I managed to stop there twice and definitely would have gone back again and again if time permitted!
Mouth-watering counter and super-friendly staff!
The first time I stopped in, it literally was Wake Cup's first day of business. I was meeting my pal S for a cuppa and a sweet midday treat. For being open only a couple hours, I was extremely impressed! The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, serving fresh baked goods and pastries,salads and sandwiches at the ready. And the coffee! Seriously good. It pains me I can never find as excellent a cappuccino or espresso this side of the ocean... shame I guess I'll have to keep going back!
Ham & cheese sandwich perfected + wonderfully frothy 'ccino
My second visit I wanted to grab a sammy to see how that would turn out. I chose the classic ham and cheese on fresh baked bread. The bread was soft with a hint of sourdough and the red onion chutney perfectly pickeled with a hint of sweet. The ham tasted like Mom's leftover honey roasted ham and was paired deliciously with a sharp Irish cheddar. A frothy cappuccino alongside and I was one happy girl!
Conveniently under the DART on Talbot St
If you're reading this from the Dubs, I highly recommend you check out this spot on Talbot St, you won't be disappointed. I really hoped it's managed to flourish!
Aaaannd they appreciate pugs... BOOM

Wake Cup
Talbot St (right under the Dart)
Dublin 1
+353 1 818 2967

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive