Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fallon & Byrne: Heaven on Earth

March is nearing close and with that come the final posts on my most wonderful trip to Dublin last month.

Always an eye-catching display as you enter Fallon & Byrne
I’ve saved the bests for last, and for today I am sharing with you one of my most favorite spots in Dublin: Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer Street. F&B labels itself as a restaurant, food hall and wine shop when really it should be known as Lauren’s Mecca. Every time I’ve been in has been a foodie fantasy and I always leave feeling satisfied (and most likely tipsy if the wine shop was my point of visit). During my trip, I must have gone into Fallon & Byrne AT LEAST 10 times over the span of 17 days, and twice in a day on more than one occasion! Below I’ve broken out my top highlights from this wonderland, and I absolutely recommend you check Fallon & Byrne out for yourself when in Dublin!

Coffee bar/café
S is always excited about F&B!
                Fallon & Byrne’s baristas are experts at roasting an aul bean, and I grabbed a cuppa every chance I got! They also serve a wide range of fresh baked goods and desserts. The “breakfast for buttons” deal gets you a medium coffee (any kind) and their fresh yogurt & granola or a tasty breakfast bap. BOOM

Produce 
              The aesthetics of Fallon & Byrne plays up to  the mostly all Irish-sourced produce and guaranteed freshness! It might be ever-so-slightly pricier than Tescos but the quality is second to none. I especially like that F&B always seem to find some new vegetable or fruit to try!

Freshest sourced produce around
Always an interesting foodie find somewhere here!
Meat/Cheese counter 
These guys & gals are not only very knowledgeable about their wares, but always uber helpful in giving cooking and meal paring advice. They always go the extra mile to make sure you’re picking the right choice. And of course the displays are amazing!

Restaurant
                I didn’t happen in on this visit, but the upstairs restaurant is guaranteed a quality meal. You feel as if you’re in a large drawing room and even just walking upstairs you can smell what delicious meals are cooking! They serve a great pre-Theatre menu that changes seasonally and Mondays & Tuesdays the bar serves half-price cocktails as well.
Tasty charcuterie
Baguette with dips









WINE BAR/SHOP
Organic Cava chosen on a staff recommendation
                The holy grail. Mondays has free corkage on any of the bottles lining the walls of the cellar. There is always at least one full sommelier working, yet none of the attitude that sometimes is encountered! They serve a great range of nibbles, and you may bring food down from the food hall if you wish. I spent three evenings over a glass of spiked grape juice this visit, and never once was rushed, even though the cellar was the busiest I have seen it! Recession what?




Fallon & Byrne
11-17 Exchequer Street
Dublin 2
 (01) 472-1010
http://www.fallonandbyrne.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive