Monday, March 24, 2014

Fast Food Breakie: Lauribeth Loves Steez

Quick little recipe before returning to some more Dublin postings 😃

Fried eggs with some glistening heirloom tomats!
Yesterday I needed a fast but hearty breakfast to start my Sunday, and my fridge was dangerously low on ingredients. What I did have were eggs, Irish cheddar, Port muffins and heirloom tomatoes. I absolutely love heirloom tomatoes, so I knew I could make this work!


One pan wonder
Kerry Gold: no better cheddar!



















Instructions: 

I set the oven to broil to toast the “three meals in one” port muffin, heated up the wok with some olive oil, and cracked two eggs into the pan. While the eggs cooked, I sliced some Kerry cheddar and threw about 8 tomatoes into the wok. Flipped the eggs, seasoned the tomatoes with garlic, salt & chili flakes. Next I took the toasted muffin out of the oven, layered with cheese and popped the now-fried eggs on. I then gently bruised the tomcats before throwing on top and voila! A quick, colorful and easy breakkie that set me up for Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive