Tuesday, April 1, 2014

One More Dubs Post: FFID Tour!

Yesterday was the last day of March and supposed to be my last full review post of my glorious February sojourn in Dublin. APRIL FOOL'S! 

So here we go with it now.

Ketty in action dispensing fantastic French foodie fodder!
Me with the lovely Ketty
While it seemed (and in actuality) that every day I spent was the BEST DAY EVER in the big shmoke, there were a few times had that rose to the creamiest of this ultra-cream top of a trip! One of those experiences was partaking in Ketty Elisabeth’s French Foodie in Dublin tours. Ketty is a lovely French foodie living in… yep you guessed, it Dublin and I have been following her epicurean adventures since her blog launched back in 2012. She was definitely an inspiration in the creation of Lauribeth Loves and so when she started doing foodie tours in the Dubs I knew I had to sign up!

Coincidentally, the tour was scheduled for my last day in Dublin (for the time-being!) and I couldn’t think of a better way to spend it! Below I've highlighted through the numerous snaps I took during the tour. I highly recommend checking out a FFID tour if you're visiting Dublin or eve if you're a Dubliner! It's a fabulous way to spend a Saturday and your belly will thank you!
La Maison: the first stop on the afternoon FFID tour

Delicious Mediterranean dips, escargot & coq au vin a La Maison. Ketty gives each dish its provenance and relevance to French foodie culture.

Sheridan's Cheesemongers, the second stop on the FFID tour and a Dublin fixture. Excellently sourced cheese, including Mont D'or for the last of the winter season!
The best kind of sale!

Three cheese selections, including the magnifique Mont D'or (close-up bottom left)
Third stop to my FAVORITE: Fallon & Byrne! Dave head sommelier gave a great  and personable background on four unique French wines from the Loire Valley. Could've easily spent (another) afternoon in the wine cellar!

Final stop at the famed Cocoa Atelier for macarons! Stunning display and the lightest yet most decadent french treat!

French Foodie Tours run Saturdays 1-4pm. Booking in advance is essential. Ketty has also started a Movie Club that includes dinner and a food-related film! This is most definitely on the itinerary next time I hop across the pond!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, it was lovely to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a super day out! Shame about my side profile.... chins!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive