Sunday, January 4, 2015

Three Little Drunken Monkeys

Greetings from New York! I'm back in the big apple this week with my grown-up job and delving into new and old spots. Being away from the city, I forget just how cool and exciting the food scene is here. I guess I've just been distracted with my own hometown heros as of late!
Drunken Munkey's infamous punch

First up on the list to report back is Drunken Munkey a favorite I've frequented with SP, my partner in crime and former roomie. DM serves up delicous, authentic Indian food alongside a killer cocktail list. The place has great lighting, hilarious monkey-themed decor, wonderfully warm staff and is always packed!

I must admit that prior to last night, I had only sampled their cocktails so I was definitely excited to sample their bombay bites. SP and I ordered chili cheese toast points to start along side our bubbles. I really love how the Munkey serves their drinks in vintage glasses, it's a nice touch of class. The toast was perfectly crispy with a nice kick of heat off the chili.
Nothing like some good cheesy toast!
For mains, I went with the Drunken Munkey Lamb Biryani and SP chose the Butter Paneer Tikka Masala. A word to the wise - bring your appetite! The portions are huge, and the flavors just as big! My Biryani was both rich and nicely spicy with big chunks of tender lamb, all baked in a thin dough. The side yoghurt sauce blended really well to soften some of the heat off those delicious Indian spices. SP was just as happy with her cheese-fest of Paneer.

Beautiful Lamb Biryani
LOOK AT THAT

SP's cheese fest continued

We washed our meals down with DM's seasonal punch with the warm glow of good food and good times on our faces.
Pretty glasses for pretty people
I know I'll be dreaming of that biryani when I'm back in Buffalo in the best way possible. If you're up on the Upper East Side, or heck anywhere in the vicinity of the five boroughs, Drunken Munkey is a must-do!

Drunken Munkey
East 92nd St
New York, NY 10128
646.998.4600

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive